Friday, November 30, 2012

Week 12: 6 Months Down & Called To Serve.. As District Leader!

Oh wow Fam Bam!!! So much has happened this past week and Im so sorry we didnt get to write yesterday but Ill tell you all why. know that I am doing so well and Im so glad all of you had so much fun at the cabin!!! All the cousins look so old, its crazy!!! And Im glad you got to see Grandma Eunice and spend some time with her. 

Im so happy everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and that Hayley was able to go home to San Diego, and the Cooks went out to see Ash =) Also,,,, Hayley!!! I loved loved loved the collages and the heart pics =) how many likes did we get on Facebook?? hahaha. But thanks so much fam and Hayley for doing that for me and sending it =) I love it so much!!
 

I took money out this past week because we were almost out and then we had transfers yesterday. So.... Ill get to the main news of this past week. We had transfers =) so.... my companion and Father of the mission Elder Barton is going home tomorrow, so I was getting a new companion. We got transfer calls Sunday night, late at like 10. So, our Zone Leaders called and they said Elder Barton you are going home haha. And Elder Hoyt..... You are going to be the new District Leader..... AND you are going to be training a brand new missionary!!!!!! AAAAHHHHHHH!!! I just started crying I was so excited and so nervous hahahaha. I have 2 changes here in mexico, and I am the new District Leader and I am training. That is insane.... but our Heavenly Father truly has a plan for all of us. So yesterday I had to go to merida where we met with President and he told us that this is direct revelation from Heavenly Father of who should be training out of all the missionaries in the mission. Wow.... what a comfort that was. So I am training along with Elder Jaussi of my generation. We both dont know Spanish completely yet, but were super happy to see each other. So yep, I got my son yesterday. His name is Elder Calderon and he is from the Mexican state of Durango, in the North. He speaks all Spanish, and so I am going to learn super fast. 

Wow.... talk about a humbling experience to be chosen to train and be the new District Leader. Needless to say, I had to pray so much. I am so nervous, but also so excited for this oppurtunity to learn and grow so fast. So.... I am 6 months old in the mission and am serving as the District Leader and training a brand new missionary, literally 4 weeks fresh from home. WOW! The responsibility the Lord gives us some time is amazing. I feel so blessed to have this oppurtunity, and I know that with so much prayer, hard work, love, fasting, and support from home and above, that I can do this. I love Elder Calderon, he and I are already joking and stuff so Im super excited. 

The rest of my week was great. We found quite a few really awesome new investigators that we are excited to teach! Elder Barton is going home. I will miss him so much!!!! But I am excited for him to go to school and stuff, also Austin and Hayley, you should go to his Homecoming. its on the 9th of December haha. And he has letters for the fam for Christmas and for Hayley and a couple other people that he wants to give to you two haha. So I hope you can go =) and maybe like Beth and Cass too haha. 

Well, Im going to send this now, but I am so blessed. So blessed to be here on my mission. So blessed to be training and be the district leader, even if I am so nervous (mainly cuz of my Spanish) but also the responsibility of being senior comp. WoW! bUT i WILL learn and this will be the fastest way to do it =) I love you all so much and hope you have an amazing week! We didnt get mail for the last 2 weeks cuz of transfers so next week I should get stuff. I love you all so much and pray for you daily!!! Love you!!!! 

With all my love, Elder Hoyt =) Seth =) Little Seth =) Sethie poo =)

No comments:

Post a Comment