Sunday, December 30, 2012

Week 16: Wishing you a Merry Christmas from Mexico

Hola Fam Bam =) the Merriest Christmas to you all =) I love each and every one of you so much and am so happy to be able to talk to you my family tomorrow =) you can record it for Hayley fam bam =) haha. I love you all so much and am so happy you all had such an amazing time in San Diego =) you all are such gorgeous people, I am truly the luckiest guy ever to have a family like you all =) Merry Christmas Eve to everyone. It has been quite the week and Im excited to tell you all about it. First know that I am so grateful for this Christmas Season. Even though things for Christmas are very different here in Mexico, I am still keeping up traditions and thinking of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. How grateful every day I am of his sacrifice for me, and that through him and only through him I can make it back to live with my HEavenly Father will all of you =) This is my testimony. That he Lives and loves each and every one of us. Sometimes I am stressed, a lot haha, or when I have a bad day, and good days, I can kneel in prayer and thank my Heavenly Father for his Son who knows me better than I know myself. What a blessing, and I am striving to do the best that I can so that I can live with No Regrets and make it back to live with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again after our lives here. I know this Church is true. And thats why when difficult times come, I can have the strength to keep going =) 

Well, this week was stressful, but good =) I am learning so much about everything haha. 

Wednesday, December 19th =) TOday I got to write really fast and then after we went and had lunch with one of our member families. We played music with his guitar and drums and ate and had a good time. After we went and had some lessons with new investigators, that we find while looking for others. I always love when that happens lol. 

Thursday, December 20th =) Today I studied D and C in mypersonal.... from a scripture that Suzie sent me =) Thanks suzie!!! It truly is amazing. D and C 6.... and i LOVE  verse 36. Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not. I really have been trying to apply that into my life, and every day I try to be a little better. Its a process for all of us. Missionaries, investigators, members, but we all can do it throught Jesus Christ =) We went today to a pueblo about an hour and a half from Cancun to meet with a sister who wants to be baptized. It was cool to see the pueblos, but we definitely ate someting that I had absolutely no idea what it was hahahahaha. Welcome to the pueblos lol. We went and had an awesome lesson with Gabriel on the Sabbath Day. It stinks cuz his work at the airport that he just got, he has to work this Sunday, and we are going to see this week if he has to work every Sunday. We are praying that he doesnt have to work every Sunday! 


Friday, December 21st =) Today was the end of the world!!! hahahaha. We tookpics in front of a maya pyramid at 6 when it was supposed to happen. But we all survived =) YAY!!!! haha. We had a good day today We went and had a lesson with the bishops wife and daughter at a families house who the 3 kids are super cool and members, but the parents arent members. We are going to help them be members. But the kids are super cool and I love them so much =) 

Saturday, December 22nd =) Today I got to give antoher interview for a baptism for the Zone Leaders. I love my zone leaders, and the oppurtunity to give interviews is so cool =) we also had some good lessons today with Gabriel and we found a house right next to the Hna Febe for rent that we are trying to move into. We have to do this process of pics and emails with the secretaries, but we are praying that it all works out =) 

SUnday, December 23rd =) Today was a great day in Church. We had an amazing sacrament with the Bishopric giving talks. Ilove them and its amazing cuz all three of them only have like 20 years or less in the church. Theyre awesome =) then we had Luis in the church. Its been awesome cuz this week the young single adults have invited him to every activity, and to church withy us, and he came =) he says his faith is still growing, but he wants to be batpized now =) its so awesome!!!!!! I love him =) we had a lesson with a family today as well with a dDad that is less active. They are excited about the Church and want to come this week. Then we did numbers and everything last night, which as a District Leader is always a little stressful, because right now 2 of the areas in my district are just struggling. So meand the zone leaders are working on this with them, its just hard. BUt I know that I can do anything with the Lords help. 

And now we had today, which I told you Mom about my card and everything. Soooo.... life is good =) tonight we have our district meeting where the whyole zone will which the First Presidencys christmas devotional =) cant wait! Then dinner with the Hna Febe and Hna Neri and their families, and then we have to be in our house by 8 tonight. Then, we get a day to open presents, and write letters, and relax till 4 tomorrow, when you will call me =) at 4!!!! =) I cant wait =) And ill catch up on letters tomorrow everyone. So sorry haha. 

Well, this was my week. Its amazing, every day Ihave to rely on the Lord so much. But, my Spanish is improving. Im learning how to teach and be led by the Spirit. Every day I learn someting new, and I am truly grateful for this oppurtunity to grow, preach, learn, and live =) I love my mission, but more importantly, I just love life =) 

So, Merry Christmas to all =) I am so grateful for this celebration of life that we have, and I am so grateful to be alive =) I love you all with all my heart. Pray for me, our investigators, and I pray for you all daily =) I love you all sooooo much =) 

Talk to you tomorrow!!!!!!!! =)=) With all my love, Elder Hoyt =) Seth =) Sethie Poo =) Little Seth =) 




Elder Hoyt & his companion, Elder Calderon, helping getting Hermana Febe's house ready for Christmas. Tough guys! 


Elder Hoyt surviving the predicted end of the world in front of the Mayan Pyramid!
So good to see he can still be his silly self. :)


Making pinatas with some of the members for Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment