Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hey all you interested readers,

Just a little about this blog....My family and I want to keep a blog going of what my 2 year mission will be like! So I and my family will be posting my emails, pictures, and updates for the next 2 years onto this blog. I am so excited and hope that everyone enjoys it! I'll start at the beginning.

I received my mission call to serve the Lord for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on February 15th. I was called to serve in Merida, Mexico. I was so so excited! What an amazing thing it is to receive a mission call. The feeling I had right after I opened it and still now is indescribable. To know that my mission call came from my Heavenly Father and is exactly where I was supposed to be sent is an awesome feeling. In the months following that, I finished my first year of college at BYU, meeting so many new and amazing people who's friendships I will keep with me forever. And now I am back home preparing to leave in 2 weeks! So I will write a couple posts all about my experience in preparing to serve a mission for the next 2 years. Living in a foreign country is so exciting to me, and I can't wait to leave on this new adventure in my life!

This is my mission! Merida, Mexico. I will be serving in the states of Yucatan, Campeche, Quintana Roo. All the dark is the area that I and about 100 other missionaries will be covering. Can't wait!
 This is my mission picture that will be up on the wall for 2 years on my Missionary Plaque!

Well, this is my first post on my blog! I will have some more before I leave about how I tried to prepare for my mission and how excited I am! 

Love, Future Elder Hoyt (2 weeks)

No comments:

Post a Comment